06. Autopsy of Ministry Train Wrecks
I’ve been up close to far too many leadership train wrecks! Whenever ministry “train wrecks” occur, we talk about the OUTCOMES. But a far more important discussion is pin-pointing the specific ON-RAMPS that led to these moments. I’ve highlighted six that I think we all need to be aware of.
1. Realize soberly that SPEED kills.
2. Surround yourself with 2-3 key people who consistently DARE TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH…even when you don’t want to hear it.
3. Become intentional about CONSERVING YOUR EMOTIONAL ENERGY and determining your personal “ADRENALINE PATTERNS.”
4. Make sure your definition of success lines up with what you see as a repeated definition of success in the WORD OF GOD.
5. Remember that SUCCESS is only one side of the equation. SUSTAINING IT is the other.
6. Never confuse who you are under THE ANOINTING…with who you REALLY ARE.
1. 98% of being a good Christian leader is being a GOOD CHRISTIAN.
2. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NLT, “That is why we NEVER GIVE UP. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being RENEWED EVERY DAY. For our present troubles are SMALL and WON’T LAST very long. Yet they produce for us a GLORY that vastly OUTWEIGHS THEM and will last forever! SO WE DON’T LOOK AT THE TROUBLES WE SEE NOW. Rather, we FIX OUR GAZE on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone. BUT THE THINGS WE CANNOT SEE WILL LAST FOREVER.”